Monday, August 19, 2013

The Never Ending Birthday


   Our only little girl ever turned 10 earlier in the month of August. 10 years old is a big birthday! Double digits & all that jazz. I don't know for sure was more excited about this one, Lil Bit or her Daddy & me. We all wanted it to be super special though which is why it still isn't over!

   On the day she had family members stop by when they could bearing gifts. (The picture is what she woke up to. That was her Wii, games & really cool mp3 player from Momma & Daddy. As well as her cards & gift from Nana & Mr. Frank & her card & gift card from Grandma & Grandpa Far-Far-Away.) Nana is my mom who lives here with us & G & G Far-Far-Away is my father & stepmom. The little one has a lot of relatives. Her Aunt SheShe came by with a one each of every Crayola product they make & Her Auntie Katie brought her cousin Riley. He came to stay the weekend & brought her a fishing pole. Then we had plenty of activities that weekend.

   She went to her bio father's last weekend & I understand she had activities there. I really have no idea what happens there.

   I am currently planning a slumber party for her & her 4 BFF's for this Friday. I plan to pick up the girls, take them to the store for snacks & movies. All the girls need to bring is their sleeping bags & teddy bears. After they drive us nuts staying up all night playing Just Dance on the Wii & doing their nails & hair I plan to make them a big breakfast of birthday cake pancakes. Yes, that is as sugary as it sounds! To work this off there's a big Back-to-School bash at the church. So I'm going to load the girls up with their swimsuits & towels for this big bunch of fun. I figure parents can pick them up from there. How perfect did that work out?

   Well, it's a good idea anyway! Hopefully everyone gets along, no one wants to go home at 3am & I can maintain my sanity for 24 hours! I'll be sure to let ya'll know how it goes. My husband thinks I am insane but hey, it's all for my little girl & she's more than worth it. Again, I'm not sure who's more excited, my daughter or me! I hope they let me play. I mean it would be a real drag if they're too "grown" to have the coolest mom ever hang out with them. After all I planned it!

Much love to ALL,


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your not-so-little one! I still remember the fuss my stepson made over being a double digit, it's a pretty big deal :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to the Big Girl!!! My younger daughter will be 12 this year and I am still trying to decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete