Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 11 #30DaysofMe Photo

30 Days of Me Challenge

Day 11 A photo you have taken recently

   In our tiny little fishing town we have a Shrimp Festival every year on the second Saturday in August. This always falls right around my daughter's birthday. There's a parade & a festival that's a lot of fun for the kids & gets everyone out at the same place. You pretty much see everyone there. My husband works at the Chevy & Cadillac  dealership in the "big" town about 30 minutes away & they always put a few of the nicest vehicles in the parade so we got to ride! My daughter had a blast throwing candy & waving to all her friends. My favorite picture was taken just before the parade started. We live in a military town & my little girl has always loved the Marines. There were some in the parade so we got this picture while we were all lining up.
My little girl walked up & in her little voice said "Excuse me. Since you guys are my heroes can you please take a picture with me?" They all smiled & were super sweet to her. I had to stop myself from crying to tell them Thank You. That's my daughter. If she were to see Spiderman & a Marine together she'd pick the Marine as the real superhero. I'm so proud of her for that.

Love & Light,

  

No comments:

Post a Comment