Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 16 #30DaysofMe Song That Makes You Boo Hoo!

30 Days of Me Challenge

Day 16 What's a song that makes you cry?

   There are some prompts where I have to sit & think for a minute about what I want to write about. This is not one of those prompts. Hands down I have a song that makes me cry. It upsets me so badly I can't even listen to it. I have not heard this song in over 10 years. It used to be one of my absolute favorites. The song is "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Growing up I had a stepfather that meant the world to me & "Freebird" was one of his favorite songs. That's probably why he wanted it played at his funeral. I'm really bad with funerals. The closer I am to the person that has passed the farther I tend to retreat from the funeral service. I couldn't go to my Daddy's funeral. I was pregnant & had been coming home to tell him but I never got the chance to do so. I don't think I could have handled it. My little brother said it was just awful & I probably made the right call by not going. I don't know if he's right or wrong & I ask my Daddy's forgiveness all the time for me not being there. There are many other songs that I love that remind me happily of my Dad. I just can't listen to the one they played when he died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment