Saturday, August 17, 2013

How can I make my daughter stop growing up?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE BUG!!

   My sweet not so little girl has finally turned 10. It seems like just last year we were bringing her home. Or when she was 4 & played on her first soccer team. I can remember perfectly what she wore on her first day of kindergarten. Now we have her backpack & school supplies all set up for the first day of 5th grade. Oh my how time has flown! She is such a special angel & we just love her to pieces. Our house is so empty when she is gone. Mommy & Daddy & Nana don't know what to do with ourselves without her!

   I could really tell the difference in her birthday gifts this year. She got a Wii & a really sweet mp3 player, a lot of art supplies & cash. Instead of buying toys with her money & gift cards she wanted to buy clothes & games for her Wii & her Nintendo DS. No toys? Clothes & headbands & shoes & lip gloss? It's official. My girl is growing up. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to miss the constant cleaning of the toys but wow. When a kid doesn't want to buy toys & would rather buy clothes, its the beginning of the end of childhood. What beats all is that this is also the first year that she would rather have a few friends for a sleepover rather than a big summer party. Stop growing up please baby!! Mommy misses her little girl! I'm not ready for a tween!

No comments:

Post a Comment