Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 4th Pinterest Recipies

I always see the greatest recipes & idea on Pinterest & we've decided to start actually doing these things I spend so much time pinning. Isn't that quite the idea? In this house on the 4th of July we went a lil dessert crazy. We had 3 desserts with our BBQ & two were jell-o based. There's your standard jello with cream cheese topping, complete with the American flag made of strawberries & blueberries made by my mother, & then the two dessert recipes my daughter Katie & I fell in love with. The first was red, white & blue stained glass looking stars. The second was my favorite! A "surprise" cake that you have to see the pictures of to believe! We had a blast making these desserts & they really came out great

The jell-o flag
jell-o stars
Beautiful cake!
SURPRISE!

The recipes were very easy to follow. We didn't have to deviate from the instructions on Pinterest at all. My very favorite was the watermelon cake. It was a big hit with everyone & I think it will be a 4th of July tradition around here. It's not Independence Day without watermelon & this is a different idea to anything I've ever seen before. 






No comments:

Post a Comment