Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 26 #30DaysofMe Can't Live Without...

30 Days of Me Challenge


Day 26 Who/what can't you live without? Explain.

   Literally, I can't live without my very VERY expensive prescriptions & doctors. I visit some of the greatest cardiologists & pulmonary therapists & doctors at one of the finest medical centers in the country. They've quite literally saved my life more than once. They continue to give me excellent care & I couldn't be more thankful for that.

   But by far the greatest part of me is my fabulous daughter Katie. I didn't always plan to be a mother & I had the most difficult pregnancy ever. No one (including me) knew that I had a serious medical condition that may never have been found if I hadn't gotten pregnant & crashed during delivery. After the emergency c-section I was airlifted to the cardiac ICU of a major hospital & given about 24 hours to live. Since I hadn't even seen her, they brought my daughter. As soon as they gave her to me the numbers on the monitors started going up. Against all odds & predictions I was getting better. My baby saved me when it seemed that nothing else could. She continues to be the greatest thing that's ever happened in my life. If I'm having a tough day she can come in & smile & make it all better. She has the best attitude. She has the most cheerful disposition. She can light up any one's day. On the rare occasion that she is having a bad day her sweet little face just makes you have to cheer her up. Family is so special to her. She loves learning about horses with her Auntie Katie, fishing with her cousin Riley & any of adventures she gets up to with her cousin Dylen. She adores her doing art with her Aunt SheShe & making her baby cousin Rozalyn laugh. She can't get enough of learning with her Uncle Gary or skateboarding with her Uncle Trevor. Being at my Aunt Peggy's house with my cousins Kaitlyn & Stephanie are always the best of times for Katie Bug. Also. the smallest things can make her happy. Just holding hands with her Daddy & me when we go into a store or curling up with us to watch one of our shows & resting on her head on her Daddy's chest make her sparkle. I love her to bits. I love our talks about everything & nothing while we are painting our nails together. I love taking her shopping for clothes & seeing how she's developing her own unique style. I love her blowing kisses to me before bedtime & before she gets on the school bus. I love my little girl so much. There is no way I could live without her. She is our Angel & we are lucky to be her parents. I am especially blessed to be her Momma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment