Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 25 #30DaysofMe A Day in the Life of Me!

30 Days of Me Challenge

Day 25 Your day, in great detail


   What a day today has been! It has been a  very busy day indeed. I woke up very early after another night of very little sleep. I woke up my little & we had breakfast, showers & got ready to go to Open House at her elementary school. We were both very excited to see her new classroom & meet her 5th grade teachers. We got to the packed school parking lot & got a fantastic parking space! Making our way down the 5th grade hallway was quite the experience what with her school being so tiny & us knowing so many of the other families that were there. We ran into several of my high school classmates & their kids including our pastor. Through all of the socializing we managed to find her homeroom & fill her desk with her school supplies. She has 3 teachers this year & they were all very nice. The classrooms were so cute all set up for the new year & the little one & I were very excited for tomorrow, the first day of 5th grade!!

   Sadly we also managed to run into her bio father & his "new" family.There was really no need for them to be where we were. But every time we turned around there they were. They seemed to be following us for some unknown reason. That didn't go over too well. & that's all I have to say about that.

   We came home & had some lunch then went to the beauty shop for Katie's back to school haircut & style. It turned out great! The cut is adorable & we both got what we wanted. She got to keep the length & got bangs that didn't look awful with her 4 cowlicks! She's so excited to show it off tomorrow!

   From there we dropped by my sister & brother-in-law's place. My brother is crashing there while he works on a shrimp boat so we got to visit with everyone & my niece too! Katie played with the baby & rode my brother's skateboard around their cul-de-sac. I finally dragged her out of there to go by the grocery store. We picked up the stuff for her favorite meal, chicken fettucine alfredo then came back & cooked it up together :) We ate our dinner, Katie got a shower & laid out her adorable outfit for the first day.

   After we got her all tucked in with our alarms set, she fell right asleep & I filled out the endless packet of school info. I did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen & wrote this blog. Now I'm all worn out & can't wait to get to sleep! So very excited for tomorrow!

Love & Light,

No comments:

Post a Comment