Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 10 #30DaysofMe Idol

30 Days of Me Challenge

Day 10 Who is your favorite idol?

   OK this one is a toughie. I honestly don't know. I might have to choose my Grandmother. She earned her angel wings May of this year. Just before Mother's Day. She was the greatest woman I have ever known. She worked in the US Embassy in Switzerland during the war. She stayed through a very unhappy marriage for the sake of her 5 children who she always, always put first. I was the oldest grandchild & my daughter her first great-great grandchild so I feel blessed that I got the most time with her. She was always diplomatic in every situation. I could call her at any time with any situation  & I always felt better by the time we got off the phone. She taught me a million life lessons. She taught me the importance of family. She taught me not to sweat the small stuff, how to pick my battles & gave me advice on raising my daughter. I am so happy that she always told me she was so proud of me & the job I was doing as a parent. I loved her with all of my heart & I miss her all the time.

Love always,

No comments:

Post a Comment