Friday, September 13, 2013

Oh Joy My Kid is Hospitalized

It is so scary having a child with athsma. Her allergies act up depending on the season & the environment & it seems like anything sets her off wheezing & coughing. On Wednesday it was a half day at school & when she got home she was feeling bad enough that I needed to put her on her nebulizer. She did 3 breathing treatments & used her inhaler 3 times. That's a lot of medicine for a little body! Nothing was making my little feel better at all. In fact she started to run a low grade fever. My brother is a serious asthmatic so I called him & asked what do I do to calm her down. His reply? Get her to the Emergency Room. She may have an infection in her lungs that can lead to pneumonia. Eek! This was at about 8pm. So Daddy came home from work & we brought her in. By 3am we were admitted to the hospital. Today is Friday morning & we are still here. I'm tired. She is getting frustrated. She is missing school! Ahhh!! How do you cope when your baby is sick & your life is put on hold while you live in the hospital?

4 comments:

  1. Hope she feels better soon. Nothing worse when your kid us ill, sheis in the best place. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sweetie, I know it's hard but you'll all get through it! She's in the safest place possible, and once those antibiotics start working she'll be feeling great! Just try to stay calm, because the last thing she needs is for mama to start feeling sick. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sweetie, you'll all get through this! I know it's hard, but she's in the safest place possible. Just take it one day at a time, and try to stay calm and healthy yourself. Last thing miss K needs is for mama to start feeling sick. Take care, and let me know if I can help in any way okay? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to everyone for the prayers & well wishes for my daughter & I. It really does make me feel better. & Holly I love ya!!

    ReplyDelete